The Artesia train is a high-speed train between France and Italy. There are 3 train lines. (2 lines with night trains and 1 line with day trains).
Artesia Palatino (Paris – Florence – Rome)
Night train with departure from Gare de Bercy in Paris. Stops in Piacenza, Parma, Bologna, Florence and Rome. Depart is from Gare de Bercy in Paris. The night trains travel through Switzerland.
Artesia Stendhal (Paris- Milan – Venice)
Night train with departure from Gare de Bercy in Paris. Stops in Novara, Milan, Turin, Brescia, Verona, Vicenza, Padua and Venice.
Artesia Manzoni, Dumas, Caravaggio
Daily three TGV day trains to Milan. Departures from Gare de Lyon in Paris at 7.42, 13.50 and 15.21. Travel time to Milan about 7hours and 20 minutes. Stops in Lyon, Chambery, St-Jean de Maurienne, Modane, Bardonecchia, Oulx, Turin, Vercelli, Novara and Milan.
Artesia train classes
– Sleepers: 1-, 2- or 3-bed cabins
– Carriages couchettes for 4 persons
– Carriages couchettes for 6 persons
Fares Paris – Rome
Fare for the night train, 2 sleeper compartment is between €140-€175 p.p, fare 4 couchette compartment is between €86-€127.
Fares Paris – Milan
Fare for the night train, 2 sleeper compartment is between €115-€150 p.p, fare 4 couchette compartment is between €68-€102 p.p.
Fare for the TGV-day train 2nd class is between €60-€95; fare TGV-day train 1st class is between €85-€115.
– Passengers can buy tickets for metro in Milan/Paris
– Breakfast is about €9.50, dinner €28
– A light breakfast is included in the sleeping car service
– Small dogs and cats in carriers travel free
– Bicycles are allowed if they can be folded and placed in a cover